Christmas Pack #15
Resources for Churches and Groups
How to Use This Packet:
- Discussion Guides for Adults. Explore priorities, gift-giving practices, traditions and Santa Claus with an adult discussion group using these guides. Use one each week in Advent or use during a Christmas workshop, encouraging participants to attend the session they are most interested in.
- Guidelines for Alternative Giving. With suggestions and a worksheet, this resource can lead individuals, households and small study groups to explore gift-giving practices. It makes a good handout for participants of the "giving" discussion group.
- St. Nicholas: A Puppet Play. This short puppet play tells the story of St. Nicholas, a third century bishop who gave to the needy. Present the play during an Advent children's service or special event.
- "Reclaiming Christmas" Models for Prayer and Worship. With a litany or prayer for each of the four weeks of Advent, Christmas Eve/Day and Epiphany, as well as a sermon illustration, this resource can be used during a worship service or with a prayer group.
- "Remembering the Holy Innocents." A Service for December 28th. Using this example, church leaders can design a service and activities to remember the holy innocents of Bethlehem and children at risk in your community today.
- "Traveling to Bethlehem" Advent and Christmas Calendar. With daily suggestions for thought and action, this calendar helps individuals and groups as they travel the road to Bethlehem.
Copyright Creative Commons (original ©1994, Alternatives)
Feel free to reprint parts of this booklet on a not-for-profit basis.
Many More Christmas articles.
Page updated 11 Sept. 2013
Simple Living Works! * SimpleLivingWorks@Yahoo.com
BLOG: SimpleLivingWorks.WordPress.com | Blog INDEX
PODCAST | Podcast INDEX
MISSION: Equipping people of faith to challenge consumerism, live justly and celebrate responsibly // An all volunteer educational organization.