Let Jesus Come, Let Santa Go
Let Jesus Come, Let Santa Go - Celebrating an Alternate Christmaspresented by Milo Thornberry and Harriette Grissom
See Resource LINKS below.
1. Guidelines for Gift Giving (33:17) - Milo Thornberry
2. Santa & Saint Nicholas (28:20) - Milo Thornberry
3. What can you do in your Parish? (25:10) - Milo Thornberry
4. Let Advent be Advent (27:30) - Milo Thornberry
5. What else you can do with your family (26:55) - Harriette Grissom
6. Alternate Christmas activities for the wider community (30:06) - Harriette Grissom
All audio rights are reserved by National Catholic Reporter (NCR) publishing company, Kansas City, MO. Used by permission.
Originally distributed by Credence Cassettes (formerly a division of NCR), now Credence Communications, Kansas City, MO.
Resource LINKSAlthough resources are not repeated here, some are appropriate in multiple settings/for multiple purposes. These few suggestions scarcely made a comprehensive list.
1. Guidelines for Gift Giving
Guidelines for Alternative Giving I
Guidelines for Alternative Giving II
2. Santa & Saint Nicholas
Christmas & Santa: A Household Resource
3. What can you do in your Parish?
Christmas Packs (1-15)
Unplug the Christmas Machine Workshop Leader's Guide (also AUDIO version)
4. Let Advent be Advent
5. What else you can do with your family
Whose Birthday Is It, Anyway? (#1-24) Also AUDIO versions, #16-20.
6. Alternate Christmas activities for the wider community
Reaching Out to Others: A Christmas Packet for Parishes (1989)
Many More Christmas articles
Get to know Milo at Post #181.
Dr. Harriette Grissom also served on the staff of Alternatives. She is the co-founder the Atlanta food bank and has a doctorate in Literature and Psychology.
They helped develop some written material on Alternative Christmas celebrations, which is available in the Archives of this site.
Page updated 15 Jan. 2014
Simple Living Works! * SimpleLivingWorks@Yahoo.com
BLOG: SimpleLivingWorks.WordPress.com | Blog INDEX
PODCAST | Podcast INDEX
MISSION: Equipping people of faith to challenge consumerism, live justly and celebrate responsibly // An all volunteer educational organization.