10 Tips for Simpler, More Meaningful Celebrations
Art/Graphics | More Art/Graphics
Treasury of Celebrations:
Create Celebrations That Reflect Your Values and Don't Cost the Earth
From Alternatives' Treasury of Celebrations, published by Woodlake/Northstone Books. The entire 288 page book is available for $12.
Items from the books "Treasury of Celebrations" and "To Celebrate: Reshaping Holidays and Rites of Passage" are Free Resources on our Website.
Items marked NEW have been added since the book was published and are only available on this web site.
These are text files. If you want the graphics and formatting, get the whole book.
You're welcome to download and copy this information -- but not sell it -- as long as you include on each copy: "©Creative Commons. Used by permission. For more ideas to simplify your life, visit SimpleLivingWorks.org"
TABLE of CONTENTS (for this Web version)
- From the Beginning...
- If We Sell You Our Land, Love It
- Reverence of Life: A view from the First Nations
- Ten Reasons for Choosing a Simpler Lifestyle
- Voluntary Simplicity: Lifestyle with a Future?
- Fundamental Change in Values
- The Psychology of Consumption
- How to Live Better With Less - If You Can Stand the People
- What Can One Person Do? Spread the Word!
- Gift Giving
- Giving and Receiving Gifts
- Gifts in the Consumer Society
- Double Your Gift of Love
- The Hidden Price Tag
- On Creative Deprivation
- Choosing and Using Toys
- Toys ARE Us! A Parent's perspective
- Food and Celebration
- Hunger and the Lifestyle Connection
- Food and Celebrations
- Do You Serve Feelings or Food?
- Getting Started
- Family Transition is Half the Battle
- One Family's Program for Change
- Celebrations in Extended, Single Parent, and Blended Families
- Women and Celebration: The Fable of Maybe-Maybe Land
- Alternative Checklist: How Much is Enough?
- The Shakertown Pledge
- Conversion: A Letter from Yola
- Gift planning
- Different Approaches to Gift-giving
- Plants: A Gift of Life
- Give A Tree!
- Making Gifts
- Woods Treasures
- Gift Ideas
- Ideas from Kids
- Make Your Own Greeting Cards
- Gift Wrapping Ideas
- More Gift Ideas
- Some of the Best Christmas Gifts
- Holiday Gifts from the Kitchen
- Books for Teenagers and Adults
- Children's Books are Butterflies
- Beyond Disney, Toward Shalom with Books
- Prime-time Storytelling
- New Year's and Epiphany
- Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Birthday
- Valentine's Day
- Chinese New Year
- Central America Week
- International Women's Day
- St. Patrick's Day
- NEW-Arbor Day, April 25
- NEW-Earth Day, April 22
- NEW-Financial Literacy Month, April
- May Day
- Mother's Day and Father's Day
- Memorial Day
- Celebrating Summer
- National Birthdays: Canada Day and Independence Day
- Hiroshima Day
- NEW-World Population Day
- Labor Day
- Rosh Hashana
- Yom Kippur
- Thanksgiving and World Food Day
- United Nations Day
- Remembrance Day (see Memorial Day)
- NEW - 9/11
- NEW - Black Friday / Buy Nothing Day, day after Thanksgiving (USA)
- NEW - Indigenous Peoples' Day / Columbus Day, second Mon. in Oct.
- NEW - Veterans Day, Nov. 11
- BONUS: New Fall Festival -- Celebrating Ugly Food
- Whose Birthday Is It, Anyway?
- Alternative Christmas Congregational Campaign
- Organizing a Festival
- Birthdays -- NEW -- Green Birthdays
- Early Passages
- In the Faith Community
- An Alternative Service
- Second Marriages
- A Service of Ending and Beginning
- Hospice Care
- Memorial Societies
Jan-Apr | May-Aug | Sep-Dec | Advent | Christmas
Page updated 27 Aug. 2016
Simple Living Works! * SimpleLivingWorks@Yahoo.com
BLOG: SimpleLivingWorks.WordPress.com | Blog INDEX
PODCAST | Podcast INDEX
MISSION: Equipping people of faith to challenge consumerism, live justly and celebrate responsibly // An all volunteer educational organization.