1. Do Justice – using only our fair share of the Earth’s resources
2. Learn from the World Community – openness to other cultures (World Community Cookbooks); reverse missions and Fair Trade
3. Nurture People, Not Things – focus on relationships over stuff
4. Cherish the Nature Order – caring for Creation
5. Non-conform Freely – developing spiritual resistance to advertising that pressures us to buy things we don’t need
TheCommonGoodPodcast.com, episode #27 with co-host Lee Van Ham, of which only an excerpt was used here, briefly presents the 5 Life Standards. The interview starts at minute 13. The conversation goes on to Practical Implications in episode 28.
To LISTEN, click the player at the TOP or the BOTTOM.
To subscribe, click below:
Contact us at Feedback AT SimpleLivingWorks DOT org (or our previous and still active SimpleLivingWorks AT yahoo DOT com, and SimpleLivingWorks2 AT gmail DOT com).
Click ABOUT for Music and Cover Art Credits.