To LISTEN, click the player at the top or the bottom, or visit the Episode Index.
Recent Responses to All SLW! Media
Welcome to the other podcast I co-host/produce, The Common Good Podcast.
A fun, out-of-the-box guest.
- Segment 1: Introduction
- Segment 2: Five Life Standards of Voluntary Simplicity – Cherish the Natural Order, Do Justice
- MENTIONS: Living More with Less
- Segment 3: Life Standards – Learn from the World Community, Nurture People, Non-Conform Freely
- Segment 4: Mission — MENTIONS: Prophetic Messages // Community Cookbooks // TV Turn Off Week // Buy Nothing Day // Justin Lewis: Media and Consumer Capitalism // Media Literacy // 12 Steps to a Simpler Life // Giving Ourselves 10 Years to Retire // Alternative Giving // Alternate Market, Workshop, Festival // SLOW Down // Simplicity Forum // Take Back Your Time // Let’s Talk About Christmas worksheet // Gratitude Card
- Segment 5: Resources – MENTIONS: Whose Birthday? // 10 Tips // Videos // Christmas Campaign Kit // Carols with Justice // Any Year Calendar // Spirit of Simplicity: Quotes & Art // Wedding Alternatives // Break Forth into Joy video // Treasury of Celebrations
Episode 42 – Clyde Griffith of NewCelebrations.com – Resources that reflect a more healthy, a more sane, a more theologically correct approach to more meaningful celebration of Christmas and other holidays.
SLW! Recommends Literacy Service
This service contains books (paper, eBooks, audio), video (DVD, internet), audio (CD, MP3), blogs, podcasts, sites. These are somewhat current resources. For classic resources, visit Study/Activity/Action Guides. For more ideas, go to Getting Started. Also see Champions of Simple Living and other worthwhile Links.
Tony & Shane Uncut
Vicki Robin, Cecile Andrews, John de Graaf, Duane Elgin and more!
Simple Living 101: Tools for Activists (shy or bold) | Share the Joy of a Simpler Lifestyle Through Speeches, Workshops, Events, Study/Action Groups, Simplicity Circles and Social Media + BONUS: Social Media Supplement // Self-Starters Needed! // Free coaching for groups on the internet
Jubilee Economics / The OneEarth Project colleague Lee Van Ham’s recent book Blinded by Progress: Breaking Out of the Illusion That Holds Us, part of The OneEarth Project. Also, hear The Common Good Podcast, which I co-host and produce. The Common Good Podcast: Episode 60: Christle Balvin, Water and Drought in Calif. || NEW three minute film: Ecology and Economics—Colleagues, Not Rivals || Conversation about The OneEarth Project and the book, Blinded by Progress: Breaking Out of the Illusion That Holds Us, by Lee Van Ham, including| TheCommonGoodPodcast.com, episode 42 || Lee’s recent Slide Show
In addition to this podcast and its show notes, we post a weekly SLW! blog. We hope you’ll read and subscribe. The BLOG is the companion to our twice-a-month podcast. The content is different, though the subject is the same. Click on blog at the top of the show notes of any episode.
To LISTEN, click the player at the top or the bottom. To SUBSCRIBE to email notices, click Comments below, then check
SUBSCRIBE for free through iTunes, Stitcher.com or your favorite podcast service. Please rate us in iTunes and leave a review. Send us your email address to receive the free monthly SLW! eNews. Remember to like us on Facebook. Urge your friends to do the same.
Peace, Gerald “Jerry” Iversen, Chief SLW! Activist
IMAGE: Susan Stephenson, Interfaith Power and Light
To learn more about SLW! – our MISSION, for example — listen to episodes #1 and 2. We produce a half-hour podcast twice a month, to educate and inspire you, your family and your congregation or group. We blog several times a week.
For hard copies of Alternatives’ resources at nominal cost, contact ELCA Archives, 321 Bonnie Lane, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007 * (847) 690-9410 * firstname.lastname@example.org
Click ABOUT for Music and Cover Art Credits.
We do not solicit or accept donations, nor do we sell anything. All our resources and services are free of charge. We’re an all-volunteer organization. Instead, we urge Alternative Giving. Give away 25% of what you spent last year on all celebrations – Christmas, birthdays, etc. — to local, national and international causes.
Copyright: Creative Commons non-commercial attribution share-alike license.
*Treasury of Celebrations: published by Northstone, a division of Wood Lake Publications, BC, Canada, best known for its Seasons of the Spirit curriculum.