Let’s Get Ready for a Simpler, More Meaningful Lent and Easter – Click this Index and follow along as you listen.
To LISTEN, click the player at the top or the bottom. Individual Episode Index (or see the list at the bottom of these notes)
COMING next episode: Simple Living 101: Tools for Activists (shy or bold) + Social Media Supplement
Lent/Easter Resources Site Map
Archives: Master Index
Themes/Seasons: Collections Index: Advent/Christmas/Epiphany | Lent/Easter | Other Seasons | Anytime/Non-Seasonal | Music | Art | Audio | Video | Spanish | Living More with Less
- Article/ART Index: Easter
- Bulletin Inserts are indexed in Articles by season.
- En Español (all)
- Lenten Calendars and 40-Day Guides - For the current liturgical cycle (A), use #6, 9, 12, 15, or 18. Some are not based on a cycle and can be used any year.
- Sing Justice! Do Justice! New Songs & Hymns to Familiar & New Tunes: Lent/Easter, e.g. #19
- Spirit of Simplicity: Quotes and Art for Simpler Living and Global Justice | Foreword by Cecile Andrews | Introduction | How to Use This Collection | QUOTES | ART
- Treasury of Celebrations
- Who’s Risen from the Dead, Anyway? A. Reflection/Activity Guides (two guides for each cycle – total of six); B. Passover and Easter Seders; C. Posters and 40-Day Calendars; D. Bulletin Inserts & Covers (#551-559)
- Worship Alternatives: Worship Items (Litanies, Hymns, Prayers, etc.)| Sermons | ART for Lent/Holy Week/Easter
Mentions in This Episode
Hard copies of Alternatives’ resources — paper, CD, DVD — will be available soon at nominal cost from ELCA Archives (Evangelical Lutheran Church in America), 321 Bonnie Lane, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007 • (847) 690-9410 • firstname.lastname@example.org • 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m., M-F. An appointment in advance of visit is advised. NOTE: This is not the ELCA headquarters bldg.
Mentions in Recent Episodes
Contribute to WHOSE Birthday? 2014 - Submission Guidelines
This Advent/Christmas/Epiphany resource for families, individuals and churches or groups is for your personal inspiration, community education and sharing. Submit ART or an ARTICLE for this online-only edition. | Issues #1-25 | Prepare something while your memories and motivation is still warm. Although this resource is not available in print, you may make all the copies you choose. It is covered by Creative Commons non-commercial attribution share-alike license.
For Lent/Easter SEASONAL HELPS, including links to AV and Text resources, see episode 13.
Share your thoughts on this podcast and this episode. Email Feedback AT SimpleLivingWorks DOT org [or SimpleLivingWorks AT yahoo DOT com or SimpleLivingWorks2 AT gmail DOT com], leave a message on our Facebook page or on the SLW! blog.
To learn more about SLW! – our MISSION, for example — listen to episodes #1 and 2. We produce a half-hour podcast twice a month, hopefully educational and inspiring for you, your family and your congregation or group. We blog several times a week.
To LISTEN, click the player at the top or the bottom. To SUBSCRIBE to email notices, click Comments below, then check
SUBSCRIBE for free through iTunes, Stitcher.com or your favorite podcast service. Please rate us in iTunes and leave a review. Send us your email address to receive the free monthly SLW! eNews. Remember to like us on Facebook. Urge your friends to do the same.
Individual Episode Index: #1-3: Getting Acquainted | #4-5: Beyond a Consumer Lifestyle | #6-11: Whose Birthday Is It, Anyway? | #12: Living More with Less UPDATED
Peace, Gerald “Jerry” Iversen, Chief SLW! Activist
Click ABOUT for Music and Cover Art Credits.
*GRAPHIC: Spirit of Simplicity: Chapter 3: Celebrating Lent/Easter #3-A551
We do not solicit or accept donations, nor do we sell anything. All our resources and services are free of charge. We’re an all-volunteer organization.
Copyright: Creative Commons non-commercial attribution share-alike license.
*Treasury of Celebrations: published by Northstone, a division of Wood Lake Publications, BC, Canada, best known for its Seasons of the Spirit curriculum.